DSx86 - Credits
Obviously, not absolutely everything in the emulator is created by me, so here is a list of
other people's work that I have used in DSx86, with implied thanks for all their hard work!
- DSx86 is programmed using the devkitARM toolchain and libnds library.
- The built-in x86 disassembler is based on Robin Hilliard's disasm.cpp.
- The touchpad keyboard code is based on code by Headkaze and taken from the Headsoft pages.
- The new touchpad keyboard graphics (since version 0.06) are created by L.D. Ash.
- AdLib emulation is loosely based on ideas in DOSBox fmopl.c
source code by Jarek Burczynski and Tatsuyuki Satoh, but converted to handwritten ASM and heavily optimized.
- For INI file parsing I use inih; Copyright (c) 2009, Brush Technology.
- DSx86 icon is by DiscoStew from the GBADev forum.
- favicon for this website is by Vague Rant from the GBADev forum.
Online reference material
- Borland's Turbo Assembler 3.0 Quick Reference Guide has always been my favourite reference for x86 opcodes and their cycle counts.
It has data for processors only up to 486, which however is fine, as after that the processors became so fast and complex that cycle counting became irrelevant.
- Richard F. Ferraro's Programmer's Guide to the EGA and VGA Cards has thorough (1040 pages!) information about every aspect of programming for those cards.
- Thom Hogan's The Programmer's PC Sourcebook contains a lot of useful info as well.